Tuesday, October 28, 2008

nine

Yesterday, while walking through Park Slope to find a decent coffee shop with free wi-fi, I was told by a tall, dread-locked man walking next to me that I walked really fast for being so short.

Sunday, after leaving church in the uber-expensive Upper East Side and hunting a place where I could purchase a hot tea and wait on Lauren, I wandered up Madison Avenue for a while. As I neared the steps of a church where a homeless man was situated, I caught snippets of his "begging". As people would pass he would call out, "Hey, I know you're rich, why can't you give me some money?" My favorite line was directed to the lady in front of me, "I see the shoes your wearing. I know how much they cost. I know you can spare a dollar. Or two." But the best part of my day occurred when I passed him and he was completely silent. I don't think there will ever be a time when I will be mistaken for an Upper East Sider. Or as one possessing copious amounts of money.

1 comment:

bubba bo dean said...

But many believe you to be rich through the things that you do not possess(spelling?)but still have