Monday, October 13, 2008

four

Today things began looking up. I went on my first interview. Albeit with a headhunter, but she already has a job prospect for me. I finally walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. It wasn't nearly as long as I expected. I actually took some photos this afternoon. It has been too long since I picked up a camera for fun. Also, I have two more interviews this week.

Friday I went to see my first movie by myself. It was actually incredible. I've always been a little scared of seeing a movie by myself. Somewhere, somehow the notion that movie-going is not a solitary experience was ingrained in me. So, after I dropped off my disc at the print shop I wandered around for a while. And I wandered into a movie theater. It was amazing. I stretched out over the seats however I wanted and read a book while I waited for the previews to start. I never knew it could be so awesome.

I'm pretty tired and I still have my movie of the day to watch. I actually skipped yesterday's. Oops. After an unexpectedly busy day yesterday, I stayed up late retouching my portfolio for the interview today. Again. And then again on the subway ride to the interview.

I still miss everyone. Tremendously. But tomorrow also promises to be bright, because Rebekah is flying in tomorrow night for a business trip and I'll get to see her for the first time since she moved. Yay!

\\\\\\\ - Apparently this is Margot's contribution to my blog for the evening. I'm sure she misses everyone, too.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Congrats on the interviews! Knock 'em dead!

Cheryl said...

Good luck! We're never satisfied with our portfolios, are we?

I'm impressed that Margot will actually type something. All Daisy ever manages to do is delete a sentence or two. I'm sure it's on purpose.

Amanda said...

I re-did parts of my portfolio last night, again.

Margot likes to lay by my computer and place her paws on the keyboard. It can get annoying. But is also kinda cute.