Tuesday, December 23, 2008

nineteen

After being in a car for over 10 hours the past day with no iPod or cds for entertainment I have a few observations about radio...

1. As much as I love NPR, I no longer have any warm feelings for All Things Considered. The show-runners are boring and no matter how interesting the segment is, I can't seem to pay attention.
2. Eight times of listening to the David Bowie/Bing Crosby version of Little Drummer Boy is eight times too many. (Although, the video I linked to is creepier to watch than actually listening to it.)
3. I don't think it is possible to find a station playing Christmas music at night that doesn't have Delilah as well.
4. Drops of Jupiter is the most nonsensical song I've heard 4 times in 5 hours. Or ever.
5. This is the first Christmas that I have not heard a single Mannheim Steamroller re-make. It is pretty great.

Aside from my radio observations (er, complaints) my short trip to Louisiana was really nice. I wish that I had been able to spend more time there, but my lost luggage abbreviated my stay. Driving was pretty great even though I think I might have had my fill for a couple of days. Now, if only the stars will come out I will have done everything that I wanted to do/see.

No comments: