Sunday, December 14, 2008

fifteen

Today I found out that I will be celebrating the new year alone in NYC. I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. It is a weird feeling trying to figure out what to do with yourself on holidays when you've never really spent them alone.

A quick FYI - I lost my phone Thursday. I'm going to AT&T tomorrow to see if I am due for an upgrade. If not, I suppose I will be sans cell phone for a while. Which, in my opinion, could be quite nice. I feel so attached to this inanimate object that sometimes I think it controls my actions. That feeling really bugs me. I don't ever want to feel that a cell phone is necessary to my existence.

I am also out of a job. After telling me how fantastic I am and how they couldn't have made it through the past month without me, I was let go. I'm not that upset about it. Actually, everyone I've told about it is more upset than I am. I do lament the lack of income I am once again faced with, but this job would have sucked my soul. 50 - 60 hour weeks are never good for anyone. They did say that they would be in contact with me in the new year for some freelance work, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not quite sure what I am going to do with myself this week. I'll be applying for jobs again, but I think I need to start researching how to sell things I can make. At least that will supplement my lack of income for a while. Maybe.

I miss everyone and can't wait to see all of you in 6 days!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can't wait either, 6 days, we all miss you so much, me, i well have some good ideas for you , selling things of course we'll have to wait till you get back

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could go to a publishing house and see if they need anyone to work on books cover designs. I know of several books that I own that have really bad covers where I wish someone had taken the time on. Another idea, you could approach a local theatre for some work. I know but the arts have great need for your talents. See ya soon.
-Shadow`s Pen-

Cheryl said...

Maybe you should just use the next few days to relax and regroup, and perhaps finish some of those gifts you wanted to make.

There are several places you can sell handmade items -- I'll talk to you about it when you get here.

Lauren said...

Etsy. I'll promote you. :-) Post some stuff this weekend and I'll see if I can get you some sales. I wear that purse everywhere these days...