Sunday, March 29, 2009

thirty

Finally, I feel like winter is beginning to recede. I was convinced for quite sometime that it was never going to stop being cold. But Mother Nature has finally taken note that winter should be over. The highs have reached the 60s, which if I were still living in Baton Rouge or Mobile I would consider that to be chilly. Now I can't wait to get outside and enjoy the lovely weather.

I wish I had more to talk about other than the weather, but I'm pretty exhausted from work (I just worked 5pm-1am last night, 8am-4pm babysitting, then 5pm-1am tonight). I managed to get about 3 hours of sleep with a short nap while the child I was babystting napped. I don't really mean to come off as complaining (maybe groping for a little sympathy), but I feel like I'm truly beginning to understand working for every dollar, or as my parent's would say "honest work". It is hard and sometimes doesn't feel rewarding at all, but I don't know if I have ever worked harder in any job that I cared absolutely nothing for.

In other equally thrilling news my cat Margot has learned how to turn on my bedside lamp (it is a touch lamp so this isn't some great evolutionary leap in the feline species). But it is a little disturbing to come home to a lamp that has been turned on by what you were previously assuming to be some mild poltergeist or electrical discrepancy.

Other than my great disappointment at the end of BSG I have very little else to update anyone on. Oh, I want to wish Tara a very Happy Birthday again. She turned 13 on the 26th and is no longer a little girl anymore. My youngest sister is now a teenager.

Time for bed, or should I say popping in Back to the Future III for my bedtime viewing. I'm a dork, I know.

No comments: