Saturday, February 14, 2009

twenty-six

I'm so happy. I have a retail job at Trader Joe's. In my last post I postulated that I would be rejected once again. Earlier in the week I decided that I needed to have a little faith in God and rely on Him to provide for me. By no means has this one exercise in faith made me completely reliant, but it is the surrender of one thing at a time. I've been thinking a lot lately about how to increase one's faith. I have come to the conclusion that it is much like lifting weights. You don't go into the gym expecting to be a body builder in a week. You go in and push yourself to your limit and each week you begin to increase the weight or repetitions, constantly stretching and growing your muscles. At least in my case this is how growing my faith seems to be happening.

Today was a lovely Valentine's Day. My date and I ended up moving on the senior citizen's track (matinee movie, dinner before 6, after dinner dessert, and home by 10) and I totally did not mind. It is so nice to be home at a decent time. Not to mention it was a fantastic date and we had loads of fun.

I'm hoping to visit Alabama/Louisiana some time in May. I would love to see everyone! Melanie, when is graduation? I would like to see you in my visit. I'm pretty sure everyone else will be in Louisiana, but if not let me know. I want to see folks.

I'm off to bed, maybe. The Princess Bride is on TV. Although, it is ridiculous that I would stay up and watch it (seeing as how I own it), I think I might. Only an hour left...

3 comments:

Emily said...

CONGRATS!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! :)

Amanda said...

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

i can't tell you how excited i am that you got a job at trader joe's, and that you're going to be wearing a hawaiian shirt to work. i'm also super excited that you've discovered the glories of tj's, there's really nothing to match it.

graduation is may 15, might you come visit before that?? i would just love to see you.