Friday, January 23, 2009

twenty-four

The 81st Academy Award nominations have come out. And this year is probably my most pitiful viewing year in terms of Oscar nominations. I'd like to chalk it up to my move to NY and now being ridiculously broke. But a lot of the Oscar fair this year didn't interest me like last year's did. Besides Rachel Getting Married, Wall-E, Vicky Christina Barcelona, and The Dark Knight (along with a few one nomination films) I didn't see very much, nor have I really been that interested. I don't know if last year was a dry year for great movies, but I don't feel any excitement over The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. The art direction looks incredible, and Cate Blanchett can usually get $8 - 10 out of me, but I just can't bring myself to care this time. Oh well. I'll be hoping this year will bring more movies like Wendy & Lucy and more actresses like Rosemarie DeWitt.

No comments: