Wednesday, January 14, 2009

twenty-two

Last night I launched my etsy site. I made my first sale today to Lauren (THANKS!!!) who bought a journal I made from an old VHS tape of The Princess Bride. If you, or anyone, you know would like to buy something I would greatly appreciate any sales/word of mouth.



Now that I have finished hawking my wares to my friends and family (sorry), it is so frakkin' cold here. Seriously. Freezing. Friday the high is supposed to be 13. I have never inhabited a region where the high on a given day was 13. I'm used to complaining about humidity, not below freezing temperatures. And I would say that the cold is fantastic for my hair, but that is only true when it isn't snowing. Brrr...

Other than the cold, I'm pretty excited about Battlestar Galactica starting back on Friday. I've been having debates with friends and with myself as to who the last cylon could be. And if you aren't a Battlestar Galactica fan, first, don't judge me, I probably know the dorky things you love and will not turn the other cheek, but judge you Old Testament style. Secondly, this is my favorite show. I like it better than LOST, Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls, Arrested Development, Flight of the Conchords, or whatever show I have ever professed love for. Which, in my very humble opinion, speaks highly of it. Third, give it a shot, but start from the beginning. Don't be like Josh Carroll and come over one night and watch it in the middle of season 4. That will do you no good. And fourth, since I've come back to promoting unnecessary things, check out my etsy shop and possibly buy something or get someone to buy something for you.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am facebook advertising your Etsy site, my friend! :)

Lauren said...

I swear I will go back and try BSG, but I just haven't had the time to devote...too busy catching up on 30 Rock, and The Office, etc etc. I wonder if it streams on Netflix...?

I have watched the miniseries, though, so that's a start.