Thursday, July 23, 2009

thirty-five

It's been a while.

A lot has happened.

Most of this won't be news to those I've spoken to. For those I haven't had the privilege of corresponding with lately, I'm truly sorry. I hope to tell you more about the wonderful things that have happened in the past two months in person. Or at least on the phone, and soon. I miss my friends and family and have been neglectful of keeping up with them.

First things first. I'm engaged. To the most wonderful person in the world, James Briggs. I'm very excited! After an absolutely wonderful picnic on June 6th, 2009 in Prospect Park, Mr. Briggs asked me to marry him and, of course, I said yes. We'll be getting married September 5th, 2009 on a NYC rooftop at sunset. It will be wonderful.

After much consideration, and prompting from the groom-to-be himself, we decided to apply for jobs in his home state of Michigan. We began our search at the end of June, and as I write this on July 23rd, I have almost completed my second day of work in my new job. Tomorrow will be round out James' second full week of work at annarbor.com, a digital replacement for the now out-of-print Ann Arbor News.

Our story is incredible, and if you want to know more, please just ask. God has blessed us both beyond reason.

I hope to post much more regularly from now on. Also, be on the lookout for my movie blog that I will be starting sometime in the indeterminate future.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm so happy that things have worked out for you both. Now you live a lot closer to me as well!

Amanda said...

So true! Detroit is a fun place to visit. But so is Illinois!

Sarah said...

many congratulations! I am happy to have met you during your time in New York, and I wish you and James the best in Michigan.

Sarah