Sunday, April 12, 2009

thirty-three

Today I am privileged to celebrate our Lord's resurrection. I think Easter is my favorite holiday because the commercial powers that be may have exploited it, but they can't manufacture a convincing reason as to why we celebrate with bunnies and candy a day that is about love and hope. A day where our brave Savior rose from death, allowing us the chance for redemption. It may seem silly to other people, but Easter always excites me because it is the day Christ defeated death, the most important day in my faith, the crux of what I believe.

It was a lovely day today that started out with a sunrise service in Central Park on the Upper West Side. I was a little exhausted, having only had two hours of sleep, but I manned up and even came armed with my camera (photos to follow). Afterwards James and I hit up Fairway for some brunch items and came back to my place to eat and rest. We trekked back to the Upper West Side to our mutual friend's apartment to partake of Easter lunch/dinner. It was absolutely fantastic. I ate way too much. After dinner we had a chance to relax and just hang out without Trader Joe's owning our time. And it was great.

I'm so exhausted I'm going to hit the sack. Hopefully pictures will follow soon.

No comments: